1. walk around your home and take pictures, you`ll get the before-and-after-picture-experience
2. take a weekend to declutter, don`t forget the closets
3. organize your storage: buy transparent plastic boxes and label them, stock them in shelves
4. make a plan on what you want to change in each room. find out what you want and need from each room. what function it has.
for example the hallway: if it`s unorganized, floating with clutter: buy a shoe shelf and a shoe closet, if it`s dark and cold: paint it in a light and slightly warm tone, install more lighting, get plants
5. get started one room at a time: start with the room that needs the least work
6. buy everything you need during the week, renovate on the weekend
7. warn your family;)
8. do the changes to the rooms, one at a time. do it in your own pace. it might take you a year or it might take you a month
9. make the final touches. take your after-pictures
10. have a party and show off your new home. show then the before pictures and enjoy!
pictures: Schöner Wohnenbefore after
did i forget anything? please tell me!
have a lovely week!